Wednesday, October 13, 2010

..the only constant thing in life is change..

- My birthday was a success. I had 12 parties and celebrated with pretty much everyone that I wanted to. My mom bought me the cutest boots everrrrrrrr (thank god for Torrid and their boots that actually fit my calves (thank you dancing for 15 years and being fat)). I got the first season of Glee from Aaron and Matty Ford annndddddd lots of things to feed my current (and ongoing) musical theatre obsession. Yay birthdays! :)

- I have always considered myself to be well versed in the musical theatre genre. Recently I have found that there are people *cough, Tommy, cough* that are MUCH MORE in the know in terms of good shows and good music. So Mr. Fitz (aka - ToFi) has been "schooling" me in some of the shows he believes need to be on my radar. The first was The Last Five Years. Aaaaaamazing. Times a million. I have a slight obsession with this now. Jason Robert Brown is ridiculous. Leo Norbert Butz is phenomenal. And it gives me chills. I highly recommend it. The newest one that he has so generously shared with me is Next to Normal. Also extremely good. I had to sit and read the synopsis while I was listening to the music to figure out what the hell was going on (yeah. I'm cool. Embrace it), but lovvvveeeee it. Yeeeeeeey!

- I hate California. I believe that is all that needs to be said.

- I am feeling restless. Like I need to shake things up in a big way. I'm at a weird spot in my life right now. Things are in an awkward transition mode at work, my best friend just moved away, I am feeling terribly awful about myself physically. I just feel like I need to do something extreme. And that the universe has been sending me all these signals. I have half talked/half joked about moving to Seattle in March when my lease is up. Well I have had literally 4 people tell me in the last few months that if I ever decided that I wanted to move there, that they know tons of people that would give me a job in a heartbeat. And just with the way everything is going at work and in my personal life, I think maybe it's time to say now or never. I know it's going to be scary and I may hate it and turn right around and come back... but I need some independence. I need to stop defining myself by the people around me. I need to make my own way and figure out where I want to be and who I want to be. And I don't feel like I can do that here... Which may be silly or selfish, but that's the point I'm at right now. So... stay tuned to see what happens with that. Now or never.

Boop.

No comments: